As I mentioned in Yesterday’s Post (Win with Woolworths & Simply Delicious), I promised to share a recipe or more an idea of what to do with pre-mixed baking goodies. The Woolworths range is really superior and their brownie mix is perhaps my favourite at this moment. I wanted to show my readers how you can take a pre-mix and add extra deliciousness to turn it into a seriously stunning dessert. It of course helps to start with a good pre-mix so choose one where you can taste the quality of the ingredients. Woolworths’ brownies are made with only the best ingredients and I love that they are deliciously dark when baked (of course, using real butter and free-range eggs when making the pre-mix helps).
So when thinking what I can do with the brownies, I remembered an idea I had a while ago when I bought a packet of dried cherries from my neighbourhood fresh produce shop. When tasting the cherries they resembled raisins but tasted so much better. They were juicier, tart and flavourful. I immediately thought of using them in a couscous salad but with further thought decided I’d like to soak them in Balsamic vinegar to draw out all those incredible flavours. Stirring the soaked cherries through the brownie batter was a stroak of genius (if I say so myself) and is now one of my favourite ways of baking brownies. The end result is a dark and dense brownie studded with chewy, sour cherries…simply delicious!
1x Woolworths Chocolate Brownie mix
100g (3.53 ounces) dried cherries
50ml (1.69 fluid ounces) Balsamic vinegar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c and line a small baking tray suitable for brownies with baking paper.
- Place the cherries and Balsamic in a small, microwaveable bowl and place in the microwave oven for 1 minutes.
- Allow the cherries to soak while you make the brownie batter.
- Prepare the batter as is stated on the box.
- Fold the cherries and balsamic into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking tray and place into the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the brownies are just firm but still fudgy in the center.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 10-15 minutes then serve with ice cream.
Tags: Balsamic vinegar, brownies, cherries, cherries soaked in Balsamic vinegar, Cherry Chocolate Brownies, Chocolate, Chocolate Brownies with cherries, Chocolate Brownies with Cherries soaked in Balsamic Vinegar, dried cherriesPost By Alida Ryder