There are days where writing a long blog post is just not necessary. Today is one of those days. This chocolate pudding is simple, delicious and satisfying and that’s all you need to know about it. It will warm every little part of you and you’ll be feeling a lot better about winter after a big serving with whipped cream! You’re welcome!
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 cups caster sugar
2 cups milk
2 tbsp strong instant coffee (I warm the milk and then dissolve the coffee in it)
4 tbsp (about 100g (3.53 ounces)) butter
100g (3.53 ounces) chocolate
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the syrup
2 cups sugar
1 cup water
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 tbsp instant coffee
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c and grease an oven-proof dish.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the sugar and eggs until light and frothy and add the coffee-milk.
- Add the flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together until smooth and shiny and add the vanilla extract. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add this mixture to the batter and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared dish and bake for 35-40 minutes until the pudding is cooked through.
- For the syrup, combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan and allow to come to the boil. Turn down the heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the syrup over the pudding the moment it comes out of the oven.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.